Welcome to the Brucejack Mine
The Brucejack Mine is an underground gold mine located in Northwest British Columbia, owned and operated by Pretivm Resources Inc.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
This position is located at Pretium's Brucejack site within the Health & Safety Department. The position’s primary report is to the Health & Safety Manager and alternatively to the H&S Manager’s designate(s).
We recognize occupational health and safety as the highest priority during all stages of our activities. We are committed to the well-being of our employees, contractors, visitors and all other stakeholders by creating and maintaining a safe working environment and positive safety culture.
We share a commitment to a safe and healthy workplace, which requires that each employee and contractor takes individual responsibility for safety – for themselves and their coworkers. Safety and health policies and practices are actively supported by management and accountability measures for safety and health performance exists at all levels of management.
The primary purpose of the position is to assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of the sites Occupational Health and Safety System, with the primary focus on Occupational Health & Hygiene. In addition, provide the necessary H&S support and advice to Managers, Supervisors, Employees and Contractors, and strive for continuous improvement in the site safety culture.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority
- Provide guidance and assist in the development and implementation of the sites Occupational Health & Hygiene programs, including; air quality monitoring, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, thermal environment, ergonomics and fatigue management.
- Provide day-to-day technical advice, expertise and direction in order to ensure compliance to legislative requirements and to industry and company standards
- Conduct workplace assessments to identify, quantify, and control risk of occupational health and hygiene issues.
- Assist in developing company programs and standards as they relate to workplace exposure monitoring, medical surveillance, and occupational health.
- Complete detailed IH technical reports supported with sampling and analysis of data to provide recommendations for appropriate controls or corrective action
- Develop and deliver training to site personnel as required in areas of occupation health and hygiene safety
- Ensure that all Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene equipment is maintained as per manufactures recommendations
- Assist in the development of the Safety Management System, understanding the relative value, interpreting results, and advising staff on how to improve H&S performance.
- Provide support to management and its staff, and various site contractors and vendors in the interpreting and applying H&S rules, regulations and legislation.
- Follow up on all incident reports to ensure they are investigated, with the key objective of reducing reoccurrence of the incident
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records associated with the responsibilities of the position
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and adhere to all applicable legislation, standards and guidelines, and influence the adoptions of standards where applicable
- Conduct audits of safety equipment and make recommendations for additions/improvement
- Participate in the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JOHSC) inspections and meetings, and where required provide training and oversite to the Committee with regards to Occupational Health and Hygiene risk identification and improvements..
- Develop and conduct workplace inspections and identify opportunities for safety improvements
- Assist in audits to ensure our health and safety program is in compliance with the company standards and government regulations
Through guidance/consultation from the Health & Safety Manager, 3rd Party Contractor and other H&S personnel, this position ensures all health and safety related regulations and company standards/policies and procedures are understood and adhered to be all site personnel.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Undergraduate degree specializing in Industrial or Occupational Hygiene OR Bachelor of Science degree (acceptable equivalent training/experience will be considered)
- Certified industrial Hygienist (CIH), Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH), or other recognized designation, or actively working towards certification (equivalent training or direct experience may be considered)
- Minimum of three years of work experience in Industrial Hygiene (equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered).
- Experience in industrial hygiene monitoring methods, assessments (including: chemicals, noise, heat stress, lighting, ventilations systems, ergonomics), and abatement/remediation activities
- Mine Rescue Certification or Emergency Response would be considered an asset
- Mining, mineral processing activities, heavy industry and construction activities
- Accident/Incident investigation and root cause analysis
- General knowledge of Emergency Response, mine rescue, &/or firefighting and spill response
- Risk Management/Change Management methodology
- Exceptional computer skills
- Work at remote location on a 2 week on / 2 week off rotation
- Camp life
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Extreme weather conditions
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and with cause drug testing
What we can offer you
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you're looking for an exciting new challenge join Pretivm and the Brucejack Mine today.
*Please submit your resume and cover letter in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only