Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company and the proud owner of the Brucejack Mine. The Brucejack Mine is an underground gold mine located in Northwest British Columbia.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment, training and investment opportunities.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity join one of the largest and highest-grading undeveloped gold projects in world!
If you are interested in joining us, please read about the current opportunity below or visit www.pretivm.com/Careers
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for two full-time Buyers to join our operations in Smithers, British Columbia.
The successful candidates must be willing to commute to/from our Smithers office.
Working a weekday schedule and reporting to the Purchasing Supervisor or designate, you will purchase material and supplies at competitive prices, considering quality and suitability, time restraints/requirements, and the benefits to Pretivm, both short and long term.
Key duties include:
- Negotiating “blanket purchase agreements” to include repetitive material day to day purchases to insure competitive pricing and availability
- Procuring materials for operations, construction, camps, shops and offices with authorized suppliers
- Assisting project and operations managers in the purchasing and negotiation of equipment and materials, products and services
- Maintaining manageable job files for special “project pricing”, including price books and applicable discounts to check invoices for compliance to all pricing deals in effect
- Inviting tenders, consulting with suppliers and reviewing quotations
- Determining or negotiating contract terms and conditions, awarding supplier contracts or recommending contract awards
- Establishing logistics of delivery schedules, monitoring progress and contacting clients and suppliers to resolve problems
- Having a working knowledge of equipment parts, building supplies, pipe, valves, and fittings
- Purchasing all tools and supplies for the shops, including power tools, ladders, lifts, and miscellaneous hand tools
- Being aware of and staying focused on production and price trends in the industry
- Maintaining a professional and ethical relationship with business clients both internal and external
- Partnering with job site setups, including office machine purchases, miscellaneous rentals
- Purchasing and coordinating delivery of miscellaneous job site material
- Assisting in, and negotiating the return of material and following up to see that credit invoices are received and properly applied
- Proactively assisting the field and/or Project Managers in seeking solutions to project problems or mistakes related to suppliers and vendors
To qualify for this role, you will have three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in Mining Purchasing and Materials Management. In addition, you will also demonstrate:
- The ability to maintain good working relationships and communications with Project Management, Engineering, Accounting, Controls, and all departments in the company
- The ability to encourage feedback regarding suppliers and vendors, with a focus on changes to improving service
- The ability to maintain and update an authorized buyers list, if required
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, as we as JD Edwards software
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well with a variety of personality types
- Strong organizational skills and the self motivation to multi-task and manage time effectively
- The ability to be assertive and professional dealing with suppliers and vendors
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- The ability to maintain high levels of performance over 8 hour shifts
If this sounds like you, we’d be lucky to have you on our team! Please read about our great employee benefits and complete our easy online application form below.
What we can offer you!
The success of the Brucejack Mine will be determined by the hard working and dedicated team who help us build it. All of our team members can expect to receive a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your experience, skills and qualifications.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage
- RRSP matching programs
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you're looking for an exciting new challenge join Pretivm and the Brucejack Mine today!