Welcome to the Brucejack Mine
The Brucejack Mine is an underground gold mine located in Northwest British Columbia, owned and operated by Pretivm Resources Inc.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Inventory Analyst to join our team in Smithers, BC on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager or designate, you will contribute to the creation and ongoing maintenance of catalogue records, inventory analysis, forecasting, scheduling and optimization of inventory goods and materials.
You will also be accountable for the disciplined collection, storage, processing, formatting and presentation of inventory information within the Pretivm JD Edwards system.
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Liaising closely with other Supply Chain teams to ensure accurate information and records are available to enable the timely and accurate procurement of materials and supplies
- Generating and extracting data from JDE in order to provide regular Management reports, accomplishments, progress against objectives and status of inventory management continuous improvement initiatives
- Undertaking line item audit reviews of re-order parameters and descriptive information that will identify potential catalogue duplications
- Communicating with end-users regarding the status of inventory management and Working Capital optimization initiatives
- Identifying repetitive non-stock purchases for more cost-effective provisioning through bringing these items into stock
- Conducting inventory control functions, monitoring inventory management performance, and developing effective and economical stocking levels
- Assisting Site Supply Management with the management of any consignment stock and ensuring that Pretivm standard business processes are adhered to
- Initiating and performing inventory review programs to identify inactive, obsolete, overstocked materials and to ensure their deletion from the catalogue (at the direction of the Supply Chain Manager)
- Assisting in identifying and implementing opportunities to improve the performance of materials to allow the realization of customer service expectations
- Assisting in reviewing inactive inventory according to age and coordinate with the appropriate end user to perform inactive reviews and identifying obsolete items available for disposal
- Assisting in identifying spare parts which are unique to equipment that is scheduled for disposal, so that the related spare parts can also be disposed of with the parent equipment
- Assisting in managing system generated inventory Recommended Orders to interpret inventory usage trends and forecast requirements and process replenishment within agreed service times
- Monitoring inventory performance and ensuring effective and economical stocking levels are utilized through the implementation of sound inventory strategies in relation to operational requirements
- Assisting in developing, reviewing, and disposing of aged/inactive inventories (in accordance with SCM requirements)
- Ensure Cyclic and Random Stock Verification (Stock-takes) are processed and monitoring accuracy rates, financial adjustment transactions, and impacts to inventory
- Generating, reviewing, analyzing, and distributing inventory and catalogue related reports to end-user departments
- Distributing surplus inventory lists to upper supply management and or suppliers and liaise with the Purchasing group to negotiate disposal through supplier buy-back programs
- Monitoring cataloguing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and reporting work-outputs to ensure timely and accurate processing of replenishment
- Assisting in working with end users to understand, anticipate, and help determine their materials needs in time for replenishment and delivery to occur prior to require by dates
- Ensuring all administration functions and tasks associated with the position are undertaken and completed in a timely and efficient manner with maximum transparency
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a High School Diploma and a minimum of 2 years of related experience with at least 1 year of experience using JD Edwards.
You must also be customer oriented with strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and have the ability work both independently and as part of a team. Above all, you must be comfortable using ERP systems, with data analysis and reporting tools.
You will also possess:
- The ability to using ERP systems, data analysis, and reporting tools
- The ability to identify, define, interpret, and resolve moderately complex technical issues
- The ability to influence and effectively communicate with internal and external customers, project teams and senior management
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- The ability to maintain high levels of performance over 8-hour shifts
- The ability to work in areas of extreme weather conditions when required and work in close quarters with the team
What we can offer you
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage
- RRSP matching program
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team when working at the Brucejack Mine.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you're looking for an exciting new challenge join Pretivm and the Brucejack Mine today.
*Please submit your resume and cover letter in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only