- Join one of the largest and highest-grading gold mines!
- Exciting opportunity for a Mill Operations Superintendent to join the Brucejack Gold Mine located in Northwestern BC!
- Attractive salary plus great benefits, including meals and accommodation!
- Take your career to the next level with a safety-conscious and supportive team!
WELCOME TO THE BRUCEJACK GOLD MINE!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Pretium is creating value through gold by ramping up production of the 100%-owned Brucejack Mine. The Brucejack Mine is a 2,700 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart. The mine began commercial operation in the summer of 2017 and produced 154,484 ounces of gold during the first six months of ramp-up. A feasibility study completed in June 2014 and updated in December 2016 has outlined Proven and Probable mineral reserves in Brucejack’s Valley of the Kings comprising 8.1 million ounces of gold (15.6 million tonnes grading 16.1 grams per tonne gold). Pretivm trades on the TSX and NYSE under the ticker symbol "PVG".
If you are interested in joining us, please read about the current opportunity below or visit www.pretivm.com/Careers
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mill Operations Superintendent to join the Brucejack Gold Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
Located approximately 65 kilometers from Stewart, you will report to the Mill Manager or designate, and work a rotating schedule encompassing 13 days on, 13 days off.
In this role, you will be responsible for safe operations of the processing facilities including underground crushing and conveying, paste backfill, water treatment and underground dewatering station, directing and controlling activities to ensure efficiency of each unit operations. In addition, responsible for planning, continued growth of the Mill operation, maximizing operational efficiencies, safety, and profitability and to cultivate exceptional stakeholder and employee satisfaction.
This position directly supervise operations supervisors, mill safety & training officers, and refiners & indirectly; operators, metallurgists, maintenance supervisors & planners. This position requires daily interaction with the superintendent from the underground & surface operations, environmental & logistics department.
Key duties include the following:
- Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision and to effectively plan, coordinate and complete individual projects in addition to maintaining daily production responsibilities
- Assist in the development of departmental procedure and policies developing all process standard operating procedures
- Administer and enforce compliance to company policy and all provincial and mining regulations
- Continually coordinate work with Maintenance to ensure optimal operations and minimal down-time
- Assist with planning and preparation of budgets. Monitor performance against budget and time schedule
- Monitor and review costs and provide accurate explanations of budget variance
- Communicate department status with supervisors and interface with other departments to ensure company's key performance indicators are met and in compliance with both provincial & federal regulations
- Support in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Interact with mill maintenance superintendents and supervisors, metallurgists, metallurgical and assay lab technicians, refiners, underground operations, environmental, logistic and materials management, HR, surface operations, engineering and others to ensure safe production and optimal throughput and recovery are achieved and maintained
- Adhere to the principles of planned preventative maintenance, ensuring that equipment failures are the exception and plant life is maximized by sound capture of plant history and detailed planning
- Must comply with provincial and federal health and safety regulations, company policies and procedures and the company's environmental compliance and ethics policy
- Conduct safety meetings, staff meetings, safety inspections and demonstrate a strong personal commitment to safety and the environment
- Develop a technically competent and credible team which will continuously improve the operation processes
- Provide training and growth opportunities to challenge team members while accomplishing objectives
- Evaluate performance, provide feedback and help establish goals for all department employees through annual performance assessments for direct reports and assist as needed for indirect reports
- Participate in interviewing prospective employees, conducting site-specific orientation for new hires, and overseeing training
- Conduct or assist with investigations as needed, administer discipline where required
- Respond to emergencies that could cause injury or loss to production
- Assist in the development of systems and measures that appropriately assesses performance of Mill operations
- Coordinates Mill operations, through Supervisors, Mill Trainers and Contractors to maintain and improve efficiency and health, safety and environmental standards established by the company
- Monitors records for the Mill, including safety meetings, attendance, vacations, performance evaluations, disciplinary action and training records
- Reviews all reports related to accidents, injuries, equipment damage, and lost opportunities; makes recommendations on prevention strategies
- Implements and evaluates processes, policies, systems, and practices related to equipment and tools, as well as establish process controls, aiming to ensure better quality and higher productivity
- Assist building the capabilities of the team to enhance the Mill operation's ability to achieve financial and operating strategies; identifies succession role requirements and high potential talent and actively develops key talent
Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in metallurgical engineering or relevant field and ten (10) years' experience is preferred OR twenty (20) years related experience and at least ten (10) years of experience in a supervisory position is desired. You will also have strong organizational, leadership, and conflict resolution skills and be a self-motivated team player.
You will also demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of underground crushing and conveying, SABC operation, gravity concentration, flotation with concentrate dewatering, tailings dewatering, and paste backfill to underground using binder product
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Knowledge and experience of developing policies and procedures relating to safety & milling operations
- Familiar with provincial, industry and local health and safety, and environmental regulations, as they relate to mining operations
- Strong time management, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- The ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs and maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts
If this sounds like you, we’d be lucky to have you on our team! Please read about our great employee benefits and complete our easy online application form below.
What we can offer you!
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid transportation to and from the mine site and your point of hire
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage
- RRSP matching program
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team when working at the Brucejack Mine.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
It is important to note that the well-being of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you're looking for an exciting new challenge join Pretivm and the Brucejack Mine today!