Welcome to the Brucejack Mine
The Brucejack Mine is an underground gold mine located in Northwest British Columbia, owned and operated by Pretivm Resources Inc.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mine Superintendent, to join our team at the Brucejack Mine and work a 13 day on/13 day off rotation.
Reporting to the Mine Manager and General Manager, you will lead, plan, and coordinate all underground mining operations at the Brucejack mine site while ensuring maximum productivity and mineral extraction, optimizing mining methods, procedures, and equipment.
You will also be also responsible for the mine surface operation group and for the execution of mining operations in compliance with Pretivm Health & Safety, Environmental and other relevant policies and regulations. Additionally, you will be required to fill the role of the Mine Manager in his/her absence.
Key duties include:
- Oversee the operations of the underground mining operations through coordination with Engineering, Geology, Maintenance Departments, and Mine Contractor
- Oversee mine site surface support operations
- Reviews data, survey reports and geological records in consultation with engineering, maintenance and relevant personnel to plan and direct optimum mine development
- Plans and coordinates production strategies as well as labour, material & equipment resource requirements to meet production goals and schedules while ensuring all relevant personnel are aware and understand productivity requirements
- Evaluate efficiency of production sites and recommend operational changes to ensure that production and development goals are met
- Ensures availability of materials, parts and tooling to meet production deadlines
- Manage all underground activities while ensuring the safe and efficient day-to-day operations
- Oversee application & compliance with all government regulations and site policies/procedures
- Develop, monitor and track budget objectives to optimize cost effectiveness for the company
- Prepare and distribute Daily/Weekly/Monthly reports as required
- Foster a Team Environment
- Review, verify and approve labour, equipment and material (LEM’s) invoices and purchase order requests
- Tours and inspects underground mining operations and surface facilities to detect and resolve production, equipment maintenance, safety, atmospheric, and personnel problems
- Develop and generate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Ensure a constructive and creative environment for business improvement within the Mining Department
- Maintain a positive working relationship with First Nations contractors
- Coordinate required activities to ensure the long-term integrity of the fixed assets (infrastructure and mine development)
- Performs other similar or related duties such as researching new and improved methods and products for mine production, and overseeing the acquisition and installation of new machinery
A key aspect of this role will be maintaining a positive working relationship with First Nations contractors and fostering a team environment at the mine as well. You will also be required to perform other similar or related duties such as researching new and improved methods and products for mine production and overseeing the acquisition and installation of new machinery.
Our ideal candidate will have a degree in mining engineering or equivalent experience and a minimum of 15 years of experience in mine planning and production operations. A professional engineering designation is considered an asset.
In addition, the successful candidate will also have:
- Demonstrated Management abilities in both technical and operational settings
- Experience working in remote camp settings
- Experience working and interacting with government regulators/inspectors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Results driven out of the box thinker
- Proficiency in the preparation of operating and capital budgets
- Project and contract management experience
- Strong/demonstrated leadership including safety leadership, communication and conflict resolution skills,
- Computer software skills (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet and system tracking software applications)
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Ability to record and maintain daily records
- Time management and decision making skills
- Cross cultural awareness with an understanding and sensitivity of the challenges associated with differences in cultural and economic backgrounds
Above all, you must be a team player and with the ability to work under intense pressure. Your strong supervisory skills and project and contract management experience will be the key to your success in this role, as will strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
What we can offer you
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid transportation to and from the mine site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage
- RRSP matching program
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team when working at the Brucejack Mine.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you're looking for an exciting new challenge join Pretivm and the Brucejack Mine today.
*Please submit your resume and cover letter in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only