Welcome to the Brucejack Gold Mine!
The Brucejack Gold Mine is an underground gold mine located in Northwest British Columbia, owned and operated by Pretivm Resources Inc.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mine Planning Engineer to join Pretivm's head office located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
The Senior Mine Planning Engineer’s primary responsibility is to provide complex specialist underground planning services and expertise which feeds into quarterly, annual and life of mine projections. The Senior Mine Planning Engineer’s responsibilities encompasses all aspects within the mine's value chain, from mining, reserves and resources to the extraction of quality ore for processing.
Perform the following duties with safety being the number one priority:
- Responsible for life of mine, long and short-term planning of all underground mining activities
- Produce mine designs and sustainable production schedules to facilitate orderly development and cost effective extraction of ore reserves
- Provide design reviews while contributing to the development of the mine’s operating schedule
- Through consultation and collaboration with the engineering and geology teams on site as well as in the head office will ensure that grade control and plant quality feed requirements are achieved
- Communicate and distribute short and long-term planning reports to the VP, Operations, VP, Geology, and other relevant management personnel
- Monitor, assess and evaluate adherence to short and long-term plans and advise of corrective action on any deviations or required changes
- Complete reconciliations of actual versus target production performance
- Prepare cost analysis and estimates of mine planning activities to feed into overall operational budget reports
- Develop monitoring processes to identify improvements of production key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Remain current with changes in mining technology and perform technical systems audits and maintain technical standards
- Maintain knowledge of the applicable regulatory requirements including NI 43-101 and the CIM standards and best practice guidelines
- Mentor, train, and supervise junior engineers and other staff members as may be necessary
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will have a BSc. Degree in Mining or Geotechnical Engineering or an equivalent combination of seasoned technical knowledge and experience combined with a minimum of five (5) years of mine planning experience with start-up phase at remote mine sites in an underground mining environment. Registered, or have the ability to register as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia.
In addition, you'll also demonstrate:
- Advanced computer skills (ie. AutoCAD, Vulcan, Microsoft Office etc.)
- Experience with Geovia’s MineSched would be considered an asset
- Exceptional planning, organizational, communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Strong expertise in project management
- Ability to liaise effectively with management teams and deal with complex problems
- Strong knowledge of Federal and Provincial mining & safety legislation and regulations
If this sounds like you, we’d be lucky to have you on our team! Please read about our great employee benefits and complete our easy online application form below.
What we can offer you!
The success of the Brucejack Gold Mine will be determined by the hard working and dedicated team who help us build it. All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Extended medical benefits and Health Care Spending Account
- RRSP matching
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you're looking for an exciting new challenge join Pretivm and the Brucejack Gold Mine today!
*Please submit your resume and cover letter in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only