Welcome to the Brucejack Mine
The Brucejack Mine is an underground gold mine located in Northwest British Columbia, owned and operated by Pretivm Resources Inc.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Industrial Hygiene Safety Advisor to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
Located approximately 65 kilometers from Stewart, you will report to the Health & Safety Manager or designate and work a rotating schedule encompassing 14 days on/off.
In this role, you will assist with the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of the site's Occupational Health and Safety System, with the primary focus on Occupational Health & Hygiene. You will also provide the necessary H&S support and advice to Managers, Supervisors, Employees, and Contractors, and strive for continuous improvement in the site safety culture.
Occupational Health & Safety is our highest priority during all stages of our activities. We are committed to the well-being of our employees, contractors, visitors and all other stakeholders by creating and maintaining a safe working environment and positive safety culture. We share a commitment to a safe and healthy workplace, which requires that each employee and contractor takes individual responsibility for safety – for themselves and their coworkers. H&S policies and practices are actively supported by management, and accountability measures for H&S performance exist at all levels.
Through guidance/consultation from the Health & Safety Manager, 3rd Party Contractor and other H&S personnel, you will ensure all health and safety related regulations and company standards/policies and procedures are understood and adhered to be all site personnel.
Key duties include:
- Providing guidance and assisting in the development and implementation of the site's Occupational Health & Hygiene programs, including; air quality monitoring, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, thermal environment, ergonomics and fatigue management
- Providing day-to-day technical advice, expertise, and direction in order to ensure compliance with to legislative requirements and to industry and company standards
- Conducting workplace assessments to identify, quantify, and control risk of occupational health and hygiene issues
- Assisting in developing company programs and standards as they relate to workplace exposure monitoring, medical surveillance, and occupational health
- Completing detailed IH technical reports supported with sampling and analysis of data to provide recommendations for appropriate controls or corrective action
- Developing and delivering training to site personnel in the areas of occupational health and hygiene safety
- Ensuring that all Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene equipment is maintained as per manufactures recommendations
- Assisting in the development of the Safety Management System, understanding the relative value, interpreting results, and advising staff on how to improve H&S performance
- Providing support to management and its staff, and various site contractors and vendors in the interpreting and applying H&S rules, regulations, and legislation
- Following up on all incident reports to ensuring they are investigated, with the key objective of reducing reoccurrence of the incident
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records associated with the responsibilities of the position
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of and adhering to all applicable legislation, standards, and guidelines, and influence the adoptions of standards where applicable
- Conducting audits of safety equipment and making recommendations for additions/improvement
- Participating in the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JOHSC) inspections and meetings, and where required, providing training and oversite to the Committee with regards to Occupational Health and Hygiene risk identification and improvements
- Developing and conducting workplace inspections and identify opportunities for safety improvements
- Assisting in audits to ensure our health and safety program is in compliance with the company standards and government regulations
For this role, we are seeking someone with a Bachelor of Science or post-secondary degree specializing in Industrial or Occupational Hygiene or you will be a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH), or possess a recognized designation (or be actively working towards certification). An equivalent combination of training and experience may also be considered.
In addition, the successful candidate will also have:
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of work experience in Industrial Hygiene (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Experience with industrial hygiene monitoring methods and assessments, including chemicals, noise, heat stress, lighting, ventilations systems, ergonomics, as well as abatement/remediation activities
- Experience in Mining, mineral processing activities, and construction activities
- Familiarity with accident/incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Mine Rescue Certification or Emergency Response (asset only)
- Knowledge of risk/change management methodology
- Proficiency with computers and technology
What we can offer you
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage
- RRSP matching program
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you're looking for an exciting new challenge join Pretivm and the Brucejack Mine today.
*Please submit your resume and cover letter in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only