Welcome to the Brucejack Mine
The Brucejack Mine is an underground gold mine located in Northwest British Columbia, owned and operated by Pretivm Resources Inc.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Health and Safety Advisor to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
Located approximately 65 kilometers from Stewart, you will report to the Health & Safety Manager or designate and work a rotating schedule encompassing 14 days on/off.
In this role, you will assist with the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of the site's Occupational Health and Safety System, with the primary focus on Occupational Health & Hygiene. You will also provide the necessary H&S support and advice to Managers, Supervisors, Employees, and Contractors, and strive for continuous improvement in the site safety culture.
Occupational Health & Safety is our highest priority during all stages of our activities. We are committed to the well-being of our employees, contractors, visitors and all other stakeholders by creating and maintaining a safe working environment and positive safety culture. We share a commitment to a safe and healthy workplace, which requires that each employee and contractor takes individual responsibility for safety – for themselves and their coworkers. H&S policies and practices are actively supported by management, and accountability measures for H&S performance exist at all levels.
Through guidance/consultation from the Health & Safety Manager, 3rd Party Contractor and other H&S personnel, you will ensure all health and safety related regulations and company standards/policies and procedures are understood and adhered to be all site personnel.
Key duties include:
- Participate in the development of the H&S Management Systems, understanding the relative value, interpreting results, and advising staff on how to improve H&S performance
- Provide support to management and its staff, and various site contractors and vendors in the interpreting and applying H&S rules, regulations and legislation
- Assist in the development of the sites Industrial Hygiene and Air Quality Monitoring Program, conduct training in awareness of site related hazards, identify equipment required, develop a testing/sampling regime and help analyze data and recommend corrective actions
- Participate in developing safety protocols and procedures for the mine site, and drive change in pursuit of the desired culture and goals
- Provide consultation and assist in risk identification and assessment, hazard analysis and risk mitigation
- Follow up on all incident reports to ensure they are investigated, with the key objective of reducing reoccurrence of the incident
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records associated with the responsibilities of the position
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and adhere to all applicable legislation, standards and guidelines, and influence the adoptions of standards where applicable
- Complete various H & S reports accurately and within specified deadlines
- Conduct audits of safety equipment and make recommendations for additions/improvement
- Conduct, enable and support proactive hazard identification in the departments.
- Participate in the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JOHSC) inspections and meetings
- Develop and conduct workplace inspections and identify opportunities for safety improvements
- Deliver site orientations, presentations and facilitate meetings and safety training courses to workers, supervisors & managers
- Assist in audits to ensure our health and safety program is in compliance with the company standards and government regulations
- Participate in emergency response activities as a member of the Emergency Response Team
- Ability to identify and plan daily activities that align with the position description
- Professional certification in Health and Safety from a recognized establishment
- Must have strong knowledge of WorkSafe Regulations
- Mining, processing activities, and construction activities
- Accident/Incident investigation and root cause analysis
- General knowledge of Emergency Response, mine rescue, &/or firefighting and willingness to participate as a member of the ERT
- Knowledge of industrial hygiene issues and regulations such as air quality monitoring, radiation, noise, ergonomics, toxic substances, etc.
- Risk Management/Change Management
- General knowledge of health & safety systems and techniques
- Injury management and modified work programs
- Thorough knowledge of high risk activities such equipment lockout, confined spaces, work at heights, hot work, heavy equipment, and rigging
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation and 2 travel days
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
What we can offer you
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage
- RRSP matching program
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you're looking for an exciting new challenge join Pretivm and the Brucejack Mine today.
*Please submit your resume and cover letter in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only